Friday, January 27

A sad story


Dear Participants,

I know it's been awhile and I know that I have once again neglected this project.  In all honesty, I did my very best to complete this project by the end of 2010; however, this project can only be completed if all artists submit their work. We were almost there!  It is extremely disappointing when there are only two pieces holding up the project.

Unfortunately, I don't have the same time anymore (now that I am a stay at home mom) to commit to this project as before (i.e. finding more replacement artists, shipping paper packets, etc).  But I still haven't given up hope.

One day I will finish this project.  I know I appear to be the slowest, most unreliable project planner in the world, but I have always been the only person to work on this project.  This project was the dream of a young artist in her early twenties with all the time in the world, but that young artist has grown older and now has a family.  Who knew a lot could happen in five years?

It was my goal when I began this project in 2007 to have it completed by the end of the year, but I can only do so much to help to finish this project.  I guess you can say I got in over my head on this one, but no matter how much time passes I am determined to get this done... sometime before I die.

Thank you for your understanding.  Thank you for your patience.  Thank you for keeping hope.

I will update again when I have something exciting to share.  In the meantime, I will do my best to do what I have to do to finish this project.

Sincerely,
Dawbis

4 comments:

  1. Keep it up, hope to see good news from you soon. Don't worry, harsh time will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dawn, it's not your fault that the project is prolonging! I'm sure that you've done your best, especially now, when your life has changed so much!:)I can offer you two wonderful paper artists, whose blogs I follow, to replace the late ones! After all should we all wait for them?!
    Have a lovely weekend!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I'm hopeful :)

    Rossichka - Please send their information via my personal email: dawbis [at] gmail [dot] com! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one of the quilt artists. I just discovered this Quilt site because I check on your project periodically.

    Don't give up hope, things in life will gradually shift. One day you will finish. I had a child while incubating my illustration career and nothing professional happened for me for many years. Now "suddenly" I have four books coming out and a big show opening today. Don't worry. xo

    ReplyDelete