If you have been accepted to participate in the Paper Quilt Project, you will receive a small packet of scrap paper, along with a tiny 3 1/2” x 5” bristol canvas in just a couple of weeks. The project’s theme is “A Day in My Life” and you are to interpret this theme using the paper scraps found in your packet.
How you choose to interpret this theme is entirely up to you. You may use as many or as few papers as you wish so long as you include some of the papers found in your packet. You may also draw, paint, color, sew (as long as you keep the artwork flat and not bulky), etc over the papers.
You must keep the canvas vertical, in the same direction as the label found on the back. Please fill out this label before returning your artwork so that your piece can be easily identified. Please keep in mind that your unique piece will be sewn together with others so please do not alter the size of your canvas in any way or attach pieces that hang over the edge of the canvas.
You will have 2 weeks from the time your paper packet arrives to finish your artwork. Please return your artwork as soon as possible. Failure to keep a timely schedule (approx. 3 - 4 weeks) will be grounds for removal from the project. If your artwork does not meet the specific instructions above, your artwork will not be included in the Paper Quilt Project.
1. Your artwork will not be returned to you. It will be sewn together with the other 11 collages for your month. Upon completion of this project, each paper quilt will be auctioned off. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go towards a charity chosen collectively by all artists involved.
2. You may suggest a charity at any time. Your suggestion will be put on file, then voted on. The top charity to be picked will be the charity the funds will go towards.
3. You will receive a print of the quilt from the month you participated in. This print will be the best that I can provide since the funds are coming out of my own pocket.
4. I am a single girl running this project out of the goodness of my heart. I am not a non-profit, but I am also not profiting off of this project in any way.
5. If you wish to remove your artwork from the Paper Quilt Project, it must be done before the 12 collages are sewn together. To remove your artwork and have it returned to you, please contact Dawbis asap at email@example.com.